More Ways to love Brad Oldham

I opened the envelope and saw the most adorable bronze owl sculptures ever!  "View the Artist's Proofs of an exciting new sculpture series by Brad Oldham" ...the invitation read.  I'm so very proud of Brad's new accomplishment!  We have been buddys for so many year now; makes me happy to see him take on this new endeavor in his life...  Pure Sculpture by Brad Oldham... sure has a great ring to it, doesn't it?   I'm also psyched by the unveiling of CAPTAIN, WALTER, JOHN & ABIGAIL; the fabulous trio... I wanted to share it with everyone!



The Invitation reads:

MORE WAYS TO LOVE
BRAD OLDHAM

As a friend and client of Brad Oldham, you know the genuine
nature of the artist and his work.  True to form, this new
limited-edition sculpture series featuring owls is once deeply
personal and yet ultimately accessible.

Each Silver-Infused Bronze focuses on a unique breed
of owl-and is inspired with its own original story by Oldham's wife
Christy Coltrin.  The sculpture design and the new custom storybook
are completed in tandem, with each inspiring the other.

When the final casting in an edition is made, the mold is
broken to ensure the series can never again be reproduced-
and a  piece of the actual mold is enclosed with the hand-
signed and numbered sculpture.

View the Artist's Proofs
of an exciting new sculpture series
by Brad Oldham

and become a Charter Member of a revolutionary new artistic endeavor

PURE SCULPTURE
By Brad Oldham

Wednesday, June 1st & Thursday, June 2nd
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Bentley Dallas
5300 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75209

Hosted by:
Brad Oldham, Christy Coltrin & Bill Jesse

RSVP to christy@bradoldham.com or 214.239.3993


I know I keep saying It's A Small World, but it really is.  As I mentioned before, Potter Art Metal Studios (my fabulous place of design and ornamental metalwork fabrication) is currently working on the lanterns, doors, and new glass top awnings for the entries of the Regency Row Homes at the Ritz-Carlton.  Architect Richard Drummond Davis designed a very pretty anthemion for the door panels which I'm going to sculpt at about 4" tall and Brad will cast them for me in pewter... they'll look like beautiful little jewelry pieces.  Kyle Crews has a very awesome idea for them... but I can't spill too much info... you'll just have to wait and see!

Anyhow... I do hope to see everyone there!!

________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE!

Just got back!  Guess what?  Got to take a photo with my favorite sculpture: John & Abigail... plus Brad's daughter is a totally awesome little fashionista and helped me pick out the most rockin' hot pink feather for my hair!  Getting it out of my hair is going to be another story; I think they stay in like a month...

John & Abigail... the most adorable little owls!  ...and me!