Grounds for Sculpture

Last Saturday I drove over to New Jersey to visit the Grounds for Sculpture... and I am so glad that I did.  The lushes and diverse vegetation would have been enough for me, but add to that the larger then life pieces of artwork and the scenery, which was simply breathtaking, and you have a recipe for heaven; everyone should visit this Wonderland at least once in their life.  I loved the little "hidden" nooks and winding paths throughout the park containing hidden treasures.

Although the photographs I took were beautiful, they just do not compare to being there and experiencing the grouns first hand.  To put simply, the whole thing was an experience for all the senses... the views, as I mentioned before, but also lots of textures to be experienced first hand under your fingertips, the sounds of water flowing over pebbles and such... not to mention the cries of live peacocks wondering the grounds... the smells and taste of the Rats restaurant... an oh goodness... I have not smelled lilac in such a long time... hmmm... (remembering and loving it all even more).  It was a magical day for sure.