Art on Aerial Silks

For a very long time I have been looking for the perfect exercise routine which I would be able to actually stick to.  I found a few things which were fun at first, but then my excitement slowly fizzled away...  Until one day I went to a Tango Milonga and met Kimberly Adele and Dylan Keith of Cirque Duo.  That was the start of my love for the aerial silks... and more specifically, aerial yoga.




There are lots of exercise classes you can take, including yoga, in order to build your strength and flexibility, and they will all bring you health and even piece of mind, but at least in my experience, aerial silks make you push the boundaries of how far your body can stretch without the feeling of being trapped in "I'm in a class... lets just get this over with."

Don't get me wrong, you definitely feel each and every stretch, really, really well... but for some reason the hour long classes feel as if they went by in a blink of an eye... I always feel like "That's it?  It's over? Nooo.."

In a matter of less then two months my body has gone from Totally Stiff, to what feels so much more amazing and I can't wait to achieve so much more.  My posture has improved greatly and I swear I "grew" like an inch because of it... hehe.  It feels so good to actually get in-tune with your body and be able to actually feel your muscles supporting your weight as opposed to just slouching around, which I have been doing for most of my life.

After I get a little bit more out of my yoga classes, I'm planning to take their Aerial Cirque Arts classes... those look like a lot of fun!