And so we happened upon an Art Gallery...

Taco Diner: Taken from Taco Diner's web page.











I had yet another wonderful evening with Ozzie; I just love our almost weekly philosophical discussions peppered with silly gossip and other fun talk while enjoying a wonderful meal.  One of our favorite spots?  The West Village Taco Diner off McKinney.  They have THE best avocado salad ever!  Anyway, I was just looking for a photo so I looked up their website and found out that the Taco Diner is co-owned by Dick Washburne, who also owns Mi Cocina.  So crazy!  He's a really good friend of Richard Potter's, an excellent cook (the Christmas meals at his home are to die for!), and I even had the pleasure of designing a few metalwork pieces for his home.  Small World!

But anyhow, that's not the story.  This story is about an art gallery.

BUNI: Taken from Ro2 Art's Facebook Page.















After the splendid meal, we headed to Paciugo's for some sinful goodies and decided to walk off a few calories around the West Village.  While doing a little window shopping, I noticed a very familiar shape; it was BUNI, by the late artist Mike Kury.  I got super excited and started pointing to the artwork behind the glass.  My excitement was apparently noticed by Jordan Roth, the owner of Ro2 Art, who was busy sitting on the floor of the gallery, preparing artwork for display.  He got up from the task at hand, walked over to the door and opened it, smiling at us.  This was such an exciting little present as the gallery won't actually be opened till June 18th, so we got a lovely preview!  I've seen the Ro2 Art gallery in Downtown Dallas, so seeing another one opening in the West Village was a pleasant surprise.  Ozzie and I got to examine each piece up close and since Jordan was right there, we basically got a personal tour with lots of nifty information about the art.  I especially enjoyed learning about the pieces "painted" with gunpowder... as in setting it on fire on top of paper, which, with the skillful drawing, cutting, and pyro-work of the artist, created amazing shapes and colors on the paper beneath the gunpowder.  It was a pleasure meeting Jordan; I wish him the best of luck on the opening of his new gallery... and if you're looking for something to do on that date, support the arts and visit Ro2!  As soon as I got home, I put the June 18th date on my calendar!