Discover Resin Art

I love this resin "painting" I made for a contemporary home.  It looks so deep and vibrant at a first glance, but the closer you get to it, the more depth is revealed.  It's one of these things you can get literally get lost in.

The stainless steel frame is attached to the bottom of the stair treads and swivels around 360 degrees so you can reposition the piece however you prefer.

Resin is a really fun medium to work with and you can get super creative with it.  I recently sculpted a fish head for one of Kathy and Lee Hatcher's clients, via Potter Art Metal, which is currently serving as a bronze swimming pool spout.  (quite a few of them actually; all around the giant swimming pool of the beautiful Spanish style home.) Anyway, before they were cast in bronze, I sculpted the fish head, made a silicone mold for it and poured resin into the mold... it turned out looking really cool in that resin alone.  

Check out the depth of the piece (I should mention that I had a really bad phone camera when I took the photos, which flattens things out a bit, but you get the idea:)