10' Wrought Iron Chandelier

still in raw form;
waiting on finish work.
©all rights reserved
As far as functional art goes, this 10' tall chandelier made at Potter Art Metal Studios in Dallas, with a fan inside the bottom ring, takes the cake.  I designed it for one of our clients who already had an idea as to what she wanted.  All I had to do is put it on paper and she ordered it.  Her project was waiting in line to get started on.

Meanwhile, we made a tree-like chandelier with pine cones and needles, as well as a stair rail for another client.  When she came in and saw the chandelier we had hanging in our showroom, she absolutely fell in love with it.  There was only one problem... she needed a fan for her room and was completely disappointed that she could not have this particular piece in her home.

I told her not to worry, and explained what I wanted to do in order to fit everything she wanted and still make everything look like a beautiful piece of art.  She was skeptical at first, but I said that I really thought she would love it and that I wanted a chance to put it on paper before she dismissed the idea entirely.  She agreed and I drew up the design.  A little sparkle of "Wow, you're kidding me" appeared in her eye and we started on the chandelier.

Every single detail on this fixture is hand forged.  Each pine cone layer, each needle, and even the pine branch texture which is so life-like that you might think it's the real thing... all the way to the lovely chain design.  This is THE homeowner's conversation piece and any interior designer's dream.  

This is what the final piece looks like.  I am so happy that she didn't scratch the project, because it is truly a piece I wanted to tackle and I am very proud of it.  We all are.


***For more information on my designs and the ornamental ironwork and lighting our metalworkers fabricate right here in Dallas, Texas go to www.potterartmetal.com