Today I started a new sculpture...

clay sculpture to be cast in bronze

Ever feel like you should be dong something which you really love, but for some reason you simply can't make yourself sit down and actually do it?  That is precisely my relationship with sculpture.  When I sit down and start sculpting, the hours melt away, I am completely relaxed, everything feels just right; the world goes away and I am fully sated.  When I am not sculpting, I get anxious to do it; I yearn to put my hands in clay... I can literally feel my way around the three-dimensional object in my mind.

Going by that, you might think I spend my days and nights doing nothing but creating new pieces; yeaaa... not so much.  I prefer to strangle the breath out of my need to create the pieces crawling around my head.  It must be some sort of a bitter-sweet self punishing thing... I mean, I have to gain something out of the behavior in order to continue it, right?  It's a good thing that I still get to be creative at work, or I don't know what I would do with myself.

Anyway... today, I started a new sculpture...