The LinkedIn blue bubble incident

You know that blue circle which keeps popping up on your page... the one demanding that you "finish your profile"... well, I finally got sick and tired of it, and I thought, Okay... let me get rid of it.  I took a look as to what its demands are, and, of course,  the demand ends up being "ask for recommendations."  I don't particularly like doing this, and it's why I still have not done it, but I thought, if it will help me not see that darn blue bubble, I will do it.

I clicked on the link and ALL of my LinkedIn connections popped up on the screen! Overwhelming much? YES!  I thought... well, that is a lot of work... Okay, I will simply say "please recommend me, and if we have not worked on a project together, here's a link to my work"

Sounded like a great idea at the time, but... let me give you a heads up, don't ever do this!
Apparently people whom I know thought it was spam because I said "if I don't know you", and the people with whom I have not done a project thought it was spam because I said "please recommend me." LOL

The Moral Of The Story:

Leave the blue bubble alone,
even if it's driving you crazy!





Ps.
I have 1 recommendation from Sandra Prater (thank you for taking the time Sandra:)
a bunch of "Izabela, is this spam?" letters
and One Blue Bubble, which just won't go away:)